Страницы

2011-03-27

Dorothy's bunch of “forget-me-nots”

June 2003. The airplane is hanged somewhere over Atlantic Ocean. I do not panic, I am having my adrenalin rush – it is my first trip abroad. To the USA. For 3 entire months. All myself. By myself. My English is at the level of basic “Cat-dog” and “My name is…” How did they even let me go?

September 2003. My American CV is just a bunch of “forget-me-nots”! A lifeguard in the water-park and a housekeeper at the fancy hotel, a helper of chief cook in the Irish pub and a waiter in pizzeria of an old strict lady… But the personal favorite is a customer assistant job in the best fish market on the whole east coast. So many wonderful colleagues, so many lovely clients, so much of a strange sea-food and so many kilometers back-and-forward on my bicycle!

Forever. On a flight “New York – Moscow” I got more, then the biggest bag allowed can fit. It is not to be scanned by airport security, but it is more real, then kilos of clothes in my backpack. It is my personal 3D point of view on things. It is freedom do not judge anybody. It is endless curiosity for the world around.

No comments:

Post a Comment